Sunday, June 1, 2008

Where the grass is green

On Friday, I promised Addison a trip to the beach. We like to go to the one on base but on this day the base guard turned us around because I was told it wasn't open to the general public. I was really bummed and of course, this is the day that Addison learned to say the word "beach" so I felt like I needed to follow through with it since she was all decked out in her hat and swimsuit. We made our way over to a little beach off the neighborhood across the bayou from our house. It was peaceful and quiet (since we were the only two people there). But we were only there 15 minutes when I noticed a guy in his car right behind my car (and next to the playground) and it looked like he was just parked there watching us. I immediately went into crazy thoughts of a sexual predator and packed our things and swooped up my sweet innocent toddler and we made our way to the car. It turns out he was just having car problems and he had another female with him, but I stayed in contact with my hubby while we got back to the car. I don't like those situations.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Well, so then, she still wanted to play in the water so we made our way back home. As we were driving home, I thought to myself, home was probably where we should have started to begin with. I have the perfect kiddie pool and view of the water, with a nice gentle breeze. Addison thought so too. We played with the hose and jumped in the kiddie pool and watched the boats driving back and forth. Then, we opened up our picnic and ate our lunch on the blanket. It was the perfect beach playdate.

How quickly I jump to thinking that some other place is better and the grass is greener on the other side. It was our unfortunate series of events that landed me right back where we began and I was so grateful that it happened that way. What a great time we had together!

No comments: