Monday, June 30, 2008

My life will never be the same now that I'm a Mommy!


Where have the last 20 months gone? I almost have a two year old! I have been going through the transition of realizing that my baby is now turning into a toddler. It won't be long before I realize that my toddler is a little girl and off to school. Then, it will be driving! Ok, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. But one of the last things that I held on to (and Addison did too because, trust me, I certainly didn't have to hold her down for it) was nursing her. I realized today that it has been 6 weeks since the last time I nursed her. And I don't even have a picture to prove that I lasted that long. I feel like it is one of the biggest accomplishments of my life, besides birthing her. I know it must seem silly but I really fought to keep her nursing. She really fought to keep nursing, or else it never would have worked. She had to go on a supplement bottle at only 3-4 days old and then strict bililights while her jaundice levels were high which meant 2-3 days of bottle only. I still feel like it is a total miracle that she went back to nursing. And I am so, so thankful for that time that we had together. I used to just touch her and stroke her hair the whole time she held on to me and depended on me for her nourishment. Those days are gone and it is only a memory. Tonight, I went through our home videos for the first time. It was amazing to see how much she has changed and how helpless she was in the beginning. She was a blob, as my best friend, once said (thanks, Kelly!). Now she is a maturing little toddler that tells me, "move, please" (when she wants to cook), "hold, please" (when she wants to go outside, mostly) and "no, please" (tonight at dinner when I asked her to say no politely by saying "no, thank you"). I'm so happy to be her Mommy and I can't wait to find out what other sort of memories we will make!
Love you, baby girl!

No comments: