Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Dad's Day without Dad


Every Father's Day is just another reminder, for me, that Dad is no longer here on this earth. As most of you already know, my Dad died in a training helo mid air collision back in 1993. I was 14. This year marks the fourteenth year since he died and I had a realization. I've been without him for as many years and I had with him. Don't get me wrong...I'm so incredibly grateful for the years we had but I HATE the I have had all of those years without him too. He missed watching me play basketball, high school graduation, sending me off to college, then college graduation, walking me down the aisle to marry my wonderful husband, and the birth of his first grandchild. Quite frankly, it sucks. I don't say it enough. I've just burned it out of my memory and usually try not to relive the pain of it. But with every life changing event, Father's Day, and the anniversary of his death (sept 7th), I get that gut-wrenching feeling when I let myself accept that he is just not here and not coming back. Miss you lots, Dad! You would have been so proud of me as a Mommy!

No comments: