We got to go see Santa Claus at the mall last week and Addison was on Cloud 9. We just came off of our "Disney high" so whenever she sees a large character she knows to wave hi and say hi to them. We were standing in line waiting for him to return from his dinner break when she caught a glimpse of him and tried frantically to get his attention and waved hi! It was cute. Later the next day I was hanging our stockings and I told her that if she is good Santa will come and fill her stocking with some goodies. I hadn't realized that it was the first time she really understood that Santa would be coming to our house. Her eyes lit up and she said, "wow, he is coming here, to my house?" I told her yes and she was thrilled!
More importantly, though, I have taken the opportunity this year to teach her about the real meaning of Christmas and how it is to celebrate the birth of Christ. She now thinks our Christmas tree is the birthday tree and when I told her that we all get presents on Christ's birthday she said, "GOSH!!" Her sense of humor cracks me up everyday!
Here are the pictures from last week's meetup with Santa (which Addison has informed me we need to do ONE more time! I just took these pictures with my own camera...

No comments:
Post a Comment